Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hopeful, but hoping I won't be let down

Disappointment has been a recurrent theme in my life the last few years: house possibilities, job possibilities, parenting possibilities, etc. One of the drawbacks of dreaming big is that you have a long way to fall when your dreams shatter.

I am still looking for a new job to replace my current job, which ends tomorrow thankfully. I have a few possibilities that look like they might work out, but nothing I'm excited about. I need a flexible schedule, and I would like work that is interesting to me and suited to my abilities and personality. I would really prefer part-time so I can have more time to help Mike with ministry.

I found a job posting today for a part-time job with flexible hours as an administrative assistant for a psychology office. The pay is crummy, but I don't really care about that. It is in exactly the field I want to study! The situation sounds ideal.

My resume will be on its way as soon as I get home tonight, and prayers are already there (no delay with God's postal service).

More important than praying for the job, I need to pray that I will be able to accept God's plan in this regard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home